The Cawker building is a historic five-story Queen Anne style built in 1897. The building is of iron skeleton construction with brick walls and stone trim. Pat Dunn was the mason. This building is significant to the architectural character of the 800 block of N. Plankinton Ave., a row of late 19th and early 20th century commercial buildings. The Cawker Building is also part of a body of work by the well-known Milwaukee architect Howland Russel. In the early 2000’s it was converted in 18 condominiums with commercial space on the ground floor. Located in the heart of downtown on the Milwaukee river and just steps away from everything Milwaukee has to offer.